Join the Shoreline Climate Challenge!
The City is working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and fight climate change, and we need your help! There are lots of actions you can take at home that will make a difference for our community today and in the future.
The Shoreline Climate Challenge makes it fun and easy to learn about actions that will protect our natural environment, save you money and improve your health and comfort. Actions are grouped into categories such as “Youth-Friendly” or “Renter-Friendly,” making it easy to find actions that fit your lifestyle and make the biggest impact for your household. The Challenge also provides information and resources to help you complete new actions to reduce your impact.
Get started with 4 simple steps!
- Visit ShorelineClimateChallenge.org.
- Create your household profile and view your current climate footprint.
- Create or join a team with friends, family or neighbors.
- Choose from a list of actions, earn points and start saving!
Connect with friends, family and neighbors in a virtual team competition with real world benefits. The Challenge runs through October 31, 2020, with a special recognition for teams with the most points!
Interested in learning more about the Challenge?
City staff are available for virtual group presentations and can provide an overview of the Challenge, how to form a team, how to navigate the online platform and more. Contact Cameron Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 801-2455 to schedule a presentation or for more information.
Why should you participate in the challenge?
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and fight climate change
- Improve air quality for everyone, including the most vulnerable in our population
- Save money for you and your family through lower utility and fuel costs
- Improve personal health with actions that reduce pollution and promote physical and mental wellness
- Connect with your neighbors in a fun, engaging competition for positive change
- Create a vibrant community with a healthy natural environment
- Create green jobs with energy-efficient upgrades, renewable energy projects and more
- Protect our future as part of a sustainable community
Learn about Climate Change
Curious how climate change could impact Shoreline? Check out a recent study to identify climate change impacts and areas of vulnerability for our community. Together, we can make Shoreline a clean, vibrant, and healthy community for generations to come!