King County is currently in Phase 2 of reopening.

Information for Shoreline

COVID-19 Update

To comply with Governor Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy order, City Hall is closed to the public.


The Permit Center is offering remote permit services. For information on new permit and project applications, revisions, and pre-application meetings, visit our Remote Services page.

For permit questions, email or call 206-801-2500 and leave a message. 


View the Inspections page for information about scheduling an inspection.

Thank you for your patience.


On October 23, 2017, Ronald Wastewater District began contracting with the City of Shoreline to provide wastewater services under the terms of a wastewater utility operating services agreement. You will still be able to reach a Wastewater Utility Specialist with wastewater issues or questions using the utility's phone number (206) 546-2494. What will change is that you will conduct all in-person wastewater utility business including permitting at Shoreline City Hall, 17500 Midvale Avenue N. The new number to call for permitting information is (206) 801-2500.


The District requires that all work involving the sanitary sewer system within District boundaries be permitted by the Wastewater Utility Department. The property owner or contractor is required to submit a permit application along with any required forms, construction drawings and/or plans. The proposed work is reviewed and a permit is issued to the property owner or contractor. The length of time required for the review period will vary depending on the scope of the project. Once the permit is issued, it remains an open file until the Utility Department is notified for inspection.

Wastewater Permit Checklist and Application

This submittal checklist packet provides information requirements for submitting your permit application for review. Print out each item in the order listed below and follow the directions on the Submittal Checklist. For more information, please call Shoreline Planning & Community Development at (206) 801-2500.


Wastewater Submittal Checklist
Wastewater Permit Application
Request for Sewer Availability
Industrial Discharge Permit Application
Side Sewer As-Built Requirements
Sewer Use Certification Commercial
Sewer Use Certification Residential
As-Built Side Sewer Diagram Form
Side Sewer Contractor Licensing Packet
Public Liability Insurance Development Handout

Additional Information:

Side Sewer Rules and Regulations
Developer Extension Project Manual

Bond Forms:

Assignment of Funds
Cash Form
Financial Guarantee Release Form
Maintenance and Defect Agreement
Performance Agreement Form
Surety Form

Wastewater Inspections

Inspections are typically performed Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Please allow 24 hour notice to schedule an inspection.  Wastewater inspection requirements information.

To request a Wastewater inspection:

  • Schedule an Wastewater Inspection Online
  • Call our Wastewater Utility Specialists: Brent Proffitt (206) 801-2578 or Clayton Putnam (206) 801-2579

If you email before 7:00 a.m., the inspector will include your request for that same work day. Requests received after 7:00 a.m. will be scheduled the next work day. You may request a specific time. We do our best to accommodate your request, keep in mind this is a first scheduled, first inspected format.

All pre-construction meetings require a 72 hours in advance notice (working days).

IMPORTANT: Always have your City approved plans (stamped, intact with attachments) and/or permit card and As-Builts on site for each inspection.

Side Sewer Maps and As-Builts

Sample Side Sewer Map
Side sewer maps, white cards, and as-builts are not available to view online. Requests for a copy of a side sewer as-built for a residential property can be made by contacting the Wastewater Utility Division at (206) 546-2494 (press 2) or via email to In most cases, a Utility Specialist can provide the location of the side sewer on the property. If the Utility Specialist is unable to fulfill a request for a side sewer permit within five business days, the Wastewater Utility Division will forward the request to the City Clerk’s Office to be processed under the City’s Public Records Request Policy.  

Utility Locating / Know What's Below -
Call 811 Before You Dig

Requesting a side sewer map does not replace calling for a utility locate if you are planning any excavation on your property. Call 811 before you dig to have buried utility lines safely located. It's a FREE service paid for by the utility operators...and it's the law. Visit for more information.