Last Update: June 5, 2020
We have started a phased reopening of Shoreline's Parks and Recreation facilities in accordance with the Governor's Safe Start Plan. King County has been approved to move to a modified Phase 1 which includes outdoor recreation.
Parks and Trails
- Parks, trails, and beaches are OPEN. Outdoor gatherings of up to five people from outside of your household are allowed.
- Richmond Beach Saltwater Park is now OPEN to vehicle access.
- Skate Park, tennis/pickleball courts, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and basketball courts are OPEN. No games or scrimmages. Limited practices by permit only on soccer fields and baseball diamonds.
- Picnic shelters are OPEN. Reservations will not be taken until Phase 4.
- Playgrounds are CLOSED. The City has closed these active recreation areas where it could be difficult to maintain recommended social distancing guidelines. Playgrounds will reopen in Phase 3.
A successful safe start depends on everyone doing their part. As we gradually reopen, it’s still safest to stay home. When leaving home, physical distancing of at least six feet is required and use of a cloth face covering is strongly recommended.
If you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, DO NOT visit parks or trails.
We have increased the frequency of cleaning our outdoor restrooms to twice a day.
We will continue to follow recommendations from Public Health officials. If those recommendations change regarding parks and outdoor space, we will act accordingly.
For the latest information
Public Health – Seattle & King County (kingcounty.gov/covid)
Washington State Department of Health (doh.wa.gov)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (cdc.gov/coronavirus)
City of Shoreline (shorelinewa.gov/covid)
National Parks & Recreation Agency (nrpa.org)
A list of Shoreline's parks and their amenities.
Low-Tide Beach Walks at Richmond Beach Saltwater Park
Get the 2020 schedule
Green Shoreline Partnership
The combined effort of the City, Forterra, and thousands of community volunteers, local non-profits, and businesses create a sustainable network of healthy forested parks and natural areas in Shoreline.
Off-Leash Dog Areas
Three parks, just for dogs and their people.
Picnic Shelter Rentals
Picnic shelters and other park venues available for rent.
Learn more about our two organic community gardens.
Donor Bench Program
Donate a bench in a Shoreline park.
These stewards of Shoreline's parks keep things running smoothly.
An interactive map of Shoreline parks and trails.
Shoreline's Bike Plan
A combination of bicycle lanes, sharrows and route signage to improve access and safety for cyclists.