More InformationContact Us
Report Animal Control Issues
Last Update: August 3, 2020
We have started a phased reopening of Shoreline's Parks and Recreation facilities in accordance with the Governor's Safe Start Plan. King County is currently in Phase 2.
Parks and Trails
- Playgrounds are CLOSED. The City has closed these active recreation areas where it could be difficult to maintain recommended social distancing guidelines. Playgrounds will reopen in Phase 3.
- Parks, trails, and beaches are OPEN. Outdoor gatherings of up to five people from outside of your household are allowed.
- Richmond Beach Saltwater Park is now OPEN to vehicle access.
- Skate Park, tennis/pickleball courts, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and basketball courts are OPEN. No games or scrimmages. Limited practices by permit only on soccer fields and baseball diamonds.
- Picnic shelters are OPEN. Reservations will not be taken until Phase 4.
A successful safe start depends on everyone doing their part. As we gradually reopen, it’s still safest to stay home. When leaving home, physical distancing of at least six feet is required and use of a cloth face covering is strongly recommended.
If you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, DO NOT visit parks or trails.
We have increased the frequency of cleaning our outdoor restrooms to twice a day.
We will continue to follow recommendations from Public Health officials. If those recommendations change regarding parks and outdoor space, we will act accordingly.
For more information visit www.shorelinewa.gov/covid
The following parks are experiencing construction or environmental impacts that limit public access:
- Hillwood Park - Tennis courts and portions of play field closed due to Einstein Middle School construction.
- Ridgecrest Park - Park open with limited access. Parking lot closed due to Sound Transit Light Rail construction.
- Ronald Bog Park - Now open! More information
For Information about all Sound Transit projects, contact My Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org (206) 370-5690
For information about City of Shoreline Parks projects, contact Parks Superintendent Kirk Peterson email@example.com (206) 801-2611.
Hours of Operation
Shoreline parks are generally open from dawn to dusk and dogs must remain on leash except in designated off-leash areas.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited without a permit.