Utility Assistance Programs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Electric, Water, and Garbage/Recycling Service

Qualifying customers of Seattle City Light (SCL) and Seattle Public Utilities (SPU - water) can save 50% on electric and water bills. Customers living in federally-funded public housing and Section 8 housing are not eligible. The following qualify for the 50% discount: Seniors and persons with disabilities - A senior citizen (65 years of age or older) or a person with disabilities with household income at or below 70% of the state median. And Low-Income - Customers with household income at or below 70% of state's median.  Utility Discount Program available in different languages

Qualifying Recology and Puget Sound Energy (PSE) customers may be eligible for exemption from City of Shoreline utility tax on these services. For more information please call the City at (206) 801-2302.

Wastewater Service

Qualifying senior citizens (62 years of age or older) and persons with disabilities receive reduced rates from Ronald Wastewater District (Low Income Senior Citizen Discount form). The qualifying income levels correspond with the limits by HUD for "very-low income" for the Seattle area.  For more information please call (206) 546-2494.

North City Water District

The North City Water District provides low-income discount for those households that have income within the "very-low income" limits set by HUD for the Seattle area. The discount is $10 off of the base water rate. For more information please call (206) 362-8100.

Low Income Utility Assistance

The City of Shoreline provides $25,000 in annual funding to Hopelink for utility assistance for low-income individuals. Persons seeking to apply for assistance should contact Hopelink at (206) 440-7300.

Low Income Property Tax Info

Low income Seniors over 61, and persons with disabilities may be able to lower their current property tax bills. The King County Assessor has full details on this program.  For more information on Shoreline tax information, please visit the Finance page.