The City offers grants up to $5,000 per application to individuals, community groups and business owners for projects that enhance the environment and promote environmental stewardship in the community. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis between January 1 – June 30 each year.
Learning about ecosystems encourages stewardship
- Projects must occur in areas deemed for public use
- Must provide a tangible and measurable public benefit to the environment and community
- Projects featuring an active partnership with a neighborhood association, school, or other Shoreline organization will receive higher rating
- Matching funds or volunteer hours are required for at least 20% of eligible project expenses.
- One award per group/individual per year
- Must be completed within calendar year funds are awarded
- Projects in a park will require approval from the Parks Board
- Complete the Idea Proposal form and send it via email or mail for approval:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: City of Shoreline - Environmental Services
17500 Midvale Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133
- Your Idea Proposal will be reviewed and you will receive confirmation of approval.
- Once approved, please complete the Application for general projects or the School Project Application for school-related projects.
- Return completed applications via email or mail.
Visit the Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program page to apply for projects that support neighborhood improvements, promote neighborhood associations and activities and events that bring neighbors together.
Planting native plants restores natural habitat
Examples of past projects include:
- Removing invasive plants in a park and restoring the area with native plants
- Offering a free environmental movie night to Shoreline residents
- Creating a group to recycle large items from elderly members of the community, when they call
- Expanding a recycling program at a school
- Creating a community garden at a multi-family property
Community gardens provide access to diverse, nutritious food