Recycling Collection - Blue Cart
Every-other-week recycling collection is included for free with Garbage service through Recology. Visit the Your Three Carts page on Recology's website to find out what you can recycle in Shoreline.
Materials placed in your blue cart must be properly prepared for recycling. Follow these simple steps to recycle right!
- Put recyclables in the bin loose - don't bag your recycling.
- Empty, clean, and dry food containers, bottles, and tubs.
- Keep plastic bags, cords, and other "tanglers" out of the recycling bin.
- Keep recycling bin lids closed to prevent material getting wet or blowing away.
- Keep excess cardboard out of the rain.
- When in doubt, find out! Call Recology or visit their website to find out more about what materials are currently accept for recycling.
Recycle at the Recology Store
Recology provides a storefront located at 15235 Aurora Ave N in Shoreline where residents can take difficult-to-recycle items like car seats, fluorescent lights, electronics and more for recycling, pay bills in person and find a variety of innovative, eco-friendly products for purchase. View the Recology Store flyer (PDF) to learn more about what materials are accepted, how to prepare them and limits.
Store Location and Hours:
15235 Aurora Ave. N
Tues – Sat: 11am - 6pm
Sun: 11am - 5pm
- Fluorescent Tubes (unbroken, limit 10)
- Household Batteries (tape ends of batteries, limit 1 gallon)
- Small Appliances and Electronics (broken or unusable only, limit 3)
- Textiles (bagged, clean, and dry)
- Styrofoam (clean, dry, remove tape, bag peanuts)
- Computers, TVs, and Computer Accessories (functional and NOT functional accepted)
- Used Bikes and Bike parts
- Small Propane Cylinders (empty cans only, no tanks)
- Hard Cover Books (soft cover books can be recycled in curbside carts)
- Latex Paints and Stains (liquid only, $0.84/gal fee)
Special Item Recycling - Curbside
In addition to standard recycling service, Recology customers can also request Special Item Recycling service at the curb. Customers can set the following items out at the curb for collection with their blue cart:
|residential special Item recycling
| Small Appliances
|Used Motor Oil
| Large Appliances
| $ Fees apply