Recycling Collection - Blue Cart
Recycling collection is included at no additional cost with Garbage service through Recology. Visit the Sorting Guides on Recology's website to find out what you can recycle in Shoreline.
Materials placed in your blue cart must be properly prepared for recycling. Follow these simple steps to recycle right!
- Put recyclables in the bin loose - don't bag your recycling.
- Empty, clean, and dry food containers, bottles, and tubs.
- Place plastic lids back on plastic bottles.
- Keep plastic bags and film out of the recycling bin.
- Keep recycling bin lids closed to prevent material getting wet or blowing away.
- Keep excess cardboard out of the rain.
- When in doubt, find out! Call Recology or visit their website to find out more about what materials are currently accept for recycling.
Recycle at the Recology Store
Recology provides a storefront located at 15235 Aurora Ave N in Shoreline where residents can recycle difficult-to-recycle items like paint, car seats, fluorescent lights, electronics and more, pay bills in person and find a variety of innovative, eco-friendly products for purchase. View the Recology Store flyer (PDF) to learn more about what materials are accepted, how to prepare them and limits.
Store Location and Hours:
15235 Aurora Avenue N
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Fluorescent Tubes (unbroken, limit 10)
- Household Batteries (tape ends of batteries, limit 1/4 gallon)
- Small Appliances and Electronics (limit 3)
- Textiles (bagged, clean, and dry)
- Styrofoam (clean, dry, remove tape, bag peanuts; limit 32 gallons)
- Computers, TVs, and Computer Accessories
- Used Bikes and Bike parts
- Small Propane Cylinders (empty cans only, no tanks)
- Hard Cover Books (limit 15 books per drop-off; soft cover books not accepted at store but can be recycled in curbside recycling carts)
- Latex Paints and Stains (liquid only, $0.84/gal fee)
Special Item Recycling - Curbside
In addition to standard recycling service, Recology customers can also request Special Item Recycling service at the curb. Customers can set the following items out at the curb for collection with their blue cart:
|residential special Item recycling
| Small Appliances
|Used Motor Oil
| Large Appliances
| $ Fees apply