- To reduce litter along Shoreline roadways, while increasing community pride.
- To keep our surrounding environment, including storm water inlets, clean.
- To increase public awareness and demonstrate positive action about the issue of littering.
To check on availability, request safety kits or schedule a safety orientation, contact the Customer Response Team at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at (206) 801-2700.
How to adopt a road or trail
- Contact the City’s Customer Response Team (CRT) at (206) 801-2260 for assistance in selection of a City-maintained road or trail that is available for adoption.
- With CRT Division staff, develop your litter clean-up schedule. Teams will receive personalized signs, installed at the beginning and ending points along the adopted roadway or trail reflecting your group’s commitment.
- Complete an application form and send it to us using the contact information at the bottom of this page. Feel free to call or e-mail first with questions. Once your adoption request is approved, you will receive an in-person safety orientation, sign an Adopt-A-Road or Adopt-A-Trail Agreement and fill out a recognition sign request.
Already adopted? How to schedule a cleanup
- Select a preferred date.
- Call (206) 801-2260 at least two weeks in advance to check availability of your preferred date and reserve your safety kit(s).
- Each safety kit includes materials for up to ten people.
- Pick up your safety kit(s) from the CRT Office at City Hall, 17500 Midvale Avenue N, 2nd Floor.
- Review the Safety Rules with your volunteers at or prior to the clean-up event.
- Have all volunteers sign the Volunteer Service Agreement and Hold Harmless/Release Form. Volunteers under age 18 must have an Individual Service Agreement form signed by their parent or guardian.
- Return the safety kit(s) in good condition within two business days of your cleanup so that others may use them.
- Mail or fax Completion Form and the signed Volunteer Service Agreement & Hold Harmless/Release Forms to the CRT office.