You can help keep Shoreline clean and green by joining the Adopt-a-Road or Adopt-a-Trail program. The programs provide opportunities for individuals, businesses, clubs, church groups, and other organizations to adopt stretches of City-maintained roads and trails. Volunteers can help beautify the City by cleaning both sides of the roadway or trail at least four times per year. The program has three main goals:
- To reduce litter along Shoreline roadways, while increasing community pride.
- To keep our surrounding environment, including storm water inlets, clean.
- To increase public awareness and demonstrate positive action about the issue of littering.
To check on availability, request safety kits or schedule a safety orientation, contact the Customer Response Team at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at (206) 801-2700.
How to adopt a road or trail
- Contact the City’s Customer Response Team (CRT) at (206) 801-2260 for assistance in selection of a City-maintained road or trail that is available for adoption.
- With CRT Division staff, develop your litter clean-up schedule. Teams will receive personalized signs, installed at the beginning and ending points along the adopted roadway or trail reflecting your group’s commitment.
- Complete an application form and send it to us using the contact information at the bottom of this page. Feel free to call or e-mail first with questions. Once your adoption request is approved, you will receive an in-person safety orientation, sign an Adopt-A-Road or Adopt-A-Trail Agreement and fill out a recognition sign request.
Already adopted? How to schedule a cleanup
- Select a preferred date.
- Call (206) 801-2260 at least two weeks in advance to check availability of your preferred date and reserve your safety kit(s).
- Each safety kit includes materials for up to ten people.
- Pick up your safety kit(s) from the CRT Office at City Hall, 17500 Midvale Avenue N, 2nd Floor.
- Review the Safety Rules with your volunteers at or prior to the clean-up event.
- Have all volunteers sign the Volunteer Service Agreement and Hold Harmless/Release Form. Volunteers under age 18 must have an Individual Service Agreement form signed by their parent or guardian.
- Return the safety kit(s) in good condition within two business days of your cleanup so that others may use them.
- Mail or fax Completion Form and the signed Volunteer Service Agreement & Hold Harmless/Release Forms to the CRT office.