The City of Shoreline is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity for community groups in the City. This is a pilot project approved by Shoreline City Council for 2020.
Love Your Community
Shoreline Community Grant Program
Do you have an idea to make community a better place?
The City of Shoreline wants to help you with funding from the Love Your Community Grant Program.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Love Your Community funding is available to community groups for projects that build and strengthen connections within Shoreline. People of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN APPLICANTS ASK FOR?
The minimum amount is $200, and the maximum is up to $1,000. We expect the average grant to be between $200 to $500.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis from February through September 2020. They will be reviewed by a committee made up of community members. We recommend applying 4 to 6 weeks before an event or project.
The purpose of this funding is to foster community connections. It opens more equitable access for community groups that have not had the opportunity to apply for city grants before.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Shoreline residents who are part of:
- Community groups
- Cultural groups
- Senior groups
- Youth groups
- Faith-based organizations
- Residents of multi-family dwellings
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Individuals not working with a group
- Political organizations
- Any of the 14 recognized Neighborhood Associations in Shoreline
WHAT ARE THE PROJECT CRITERIA?
- Projects must serve the purpose of fostering community connections
- Can be completed within 2 months of when your project is approved
- Can be documented with receipts, invoice, and brief final report
WHAT PROJECTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE?
- Projects/events that do not engage or benefit the community
- Projects/events outside Shoreline city limits
WHAT CAN BE FUNDED?
Cultural events, educational opportunities, trainings, art projects, and social gatherings are examples of what you can propose to bring your community together. Be creative!
GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION
City staff is available to support applicants every step of the way.
To discuss your idea or ask questions, contact:
Constance Perenyi, email@example.com, 206-801-2253; or Suni Tolton, firstname.lastname@example.org,
206-801-2256. If you need translation support, we can help arrange that.