Status: Construction Complete
For more information on the City's Complete Streets ordinance and Bicycle Network, please visit our Bicycle Plan webpage.
Before – Richmond Beach Road between 3rd Ave NW & 8th Ave NW
After – Richmond Beach Road between 3rd Ave NW & 8th Ave NW
- Traffic Speeds
- Traffic Volumes
- Traffic Diversion (cut through traffic on nearby residential streets)
- Travel Times
- Emergency Response Times
- Bus Travel Times
Project updates will be posted here and sent out to the project’s contact list. Email us if you want to be added to the contact list.
Overview and History
In 2016 City Council approved the rechannelization as part of the 2017-2022 CIP. The project changed the striping on Richmond Beach Road between 24th Ave NW and Dayton Ave N. The road originally had 2 lanes in each direction. It now has 1 lane in each direction, a center turn lane, and bike lanes.
The project was done to address safety issues. Richmond Beach Road has a history of collisions, including two high collision locations from the City’s 2016 Annual Traffic Report:
- 3rd Ave NW and NW Richmond Beach Road intersection
- NW Richmond Beach Road between 3rd Ave NW and 8th Ave NW
High collision locations have higher rates of injury collisions than other roads or intersections in Shoreline.
There was an open house at the beginning of design to share information, receive feedback on different options, and address peoples’ questions and concerns about the project. You can view the meeting materials below:
- Video of June staff presentation
- June Display boards
- West Roll Plot - 10% Design (24th Ave NW to 15th Ave NW)
- Central Roll Plot - 10% Design (15th Ave NW to 8th Ave NW)
- East Roll Plot - 10% Design (8th Ave NW to Dayton Ave N)
- Video of June Group Question and Answer session
There was an open house during the late stages of design to give people a chance to comment before the project was finalized. You can view the meeting materials below:
- Video of October staff presentation Part one and Part two or October presentation slides
- October display boards
- West Roll Plot – 60% Design (24th Ave NW to 15th Ave NW)
- Central Roll Plot – 60% Design (15th Ave NW to 8th Ave NW)
- East Roll Plot – 60% Design (8th Ave NW to Dayton Ave N)
- Video of October Group Question and Answer Session Part one, Part two, Part 3