Customer Response Team (206) 801-2700
Shoreline City Hall
17500 Midvale Avenue N
Shoreline, WA 98133
Noel Hupprich, P.E.
Capital Project Manager
Completed June 2016
- Design/Permitting: September 2015 – November 2015
- Bid and Award: December 2015 – February 2016
- Construction: March 2016 – June 2016
Overview and History
The current Shoreline Pool was constructed in 1971 funded by the King County Forward Thrust Bond issue. In June 2013, the City replaced the pool boiler when it failed to operate after 42 years of service. Understanding that the aging pool has major maintenance needs, a full assessment of the building, its systems and pool operation was necessary to understand the building’s physical and operational condition. The assessment helped guide the City in developing a capital repair and replacement budget, and schedule to avoid emergency repair and replacements such as the boiler.
The scope of work for this repair and replacement work will keep the pool operational until approximately 2022.
Elements of this scope of work include:
- Pool deck replacement
- Re-plastering of the pool
- Mechanical upgrades
- ADA accessibility upgrades
- Replacement of select damaged and deteriorated doors and door frames
- Upgrades to the HVAC system and building commissioning
- Replace natatorium lighting
- Select work at doors and frames
- Variable frequency drive and controls at fan #H21
- Replace HVAC serving meeting room 201