As of January 2019
Phase: Project Kickoff
This project will select a concept for the intersection of Greenwood Avenue N with N 160th Street and NW Innis Arden Way. We will be working with Shoreline Community College on this project.
Right now we are working on:
- Selecting a design team. Team selection will go to Council for approval on January 14, 2019.
- Coordinating with the College.
- Sending letters to the neighborhood.
Overview and History
Shoreline Community College is building student housing on campus. The College did a traffic study for the new housing. It shows that the City’s delay standards aren’t being met at the intersection of Greenwood Avenue N with N 160th Street and NW Innis Arden Way. The College has six years to improve the intersection from when the student housing building opens.
City Council approved a capital project to develop a design concept for improving the intersection. This project will focus on:
- Talking to the community.
- Completing traffic analysis.
- Selecting a concept that improves safety and mobility for all people.
The current intersection has stop signs. The City will be evaluating the use of traffic signals or roundabouts for the intersection.
The College will finish the design and build the project by fall 2025. We know this is an important intersection for the neighborhood and want your input in the design. Please stay tuned for opportunities to participate, and public meeting information.