Volunteer to help maintain storm drains
Join your community in cleaning storm drains to help prevent flooding. Thank you 2017-2018 volunteers for adopting 55 drains around the city! By joining the Adopt-A-Drain program, you can help:
- Prevent localized flooding in your neighborhood by keeping drains free of debris.
- Protect fish and other wildlife by keeping pollutants from entering streams, lakes and Puget Sound.
- Assist City staff and crews in maintaining the City's thousands of storm drains during fall and winter months.
Volunteers are provided with instructions and tools, by request, to care for a storm drain or multiple drains on their street or walking route. Adopting a drain involves:
- monitoring and removing debris from the storm drain(s) approximately once a week during the storm season
- tracking hours performed and reporting to the City each quarter
- committing to a six-month term, October through March
To sign up fill out the forms on the right, sign and return them to Cameron Reed by email or mail.
Adopted drains will be marked with "No Dumping" medallions