Planning & Community Development is responsible for land use and building permit services and long-range planning programs. The mission of the department is to ensure that the natural and built environments are healthy, safe, and reflect the community's vision by providing exceptional customer service, listening to our customers and proactively solving problems.
- City of Shoreline Development Code
- Does Your Project Need a Permit?
- Permit Checklists & Application Packets
- Development Handouts
- Schedule an Inspection
- Permit Search Tool
- Land Use Actions & Planning Notices
Frequently Requested Information
- Where can I obtain general information about land use, long range planning and building regulations?
When you call our main line at (206) 801-2500 staff will assist you with your questions.
- How do I check the status of a permit application?
By using the City of Shoreline Permit Search Tool you can check the status of any permit application that has been submitted since January 2001. To obtain permit and project information between 1995 and 2001, contact the City of Shoreline Department of Planning & Community Development at PCD@Shorelinewa.gov or (206) 801-2500.
- Is my property in one of the new Light Rail Station Subareas?
View the adopted zoning for station subareas at the links below. Obtain information about individual properties by entering an address or clicking on a parcel, including Assessor information like lot size and current or future zoning. Note that zoning in the subareas is phased and will become activated at different times; Phase 1 zoning is currently in effect in both station subareas.