The Shoreline Municipal Code is a continuously evolving document made up of ordinances adopted by the City Council. These ordinances set standards to maintain safety, protect and quality of life in Shoreline.
Ordinances and Resolutions
Shoreline Municipal Code
- Shoreline Municipal Code
- Shoreline Development Code
- SMC 20.10.050 Roles and responsibilities, states the Director of Planning & Community Development has the authority to interpret unclear provisions of the Development Code. See the list of Administrative Orders for formal interpretations made under this provision.
A complete copy of the Municipal Code may be purchased through the Code Publishing Company: (206) 527-6831
Other referenced Codes:
- Engineering Development Manual
- International Construction and Building Codes (see SMC 15.05 for information on adopted codes)
- International Property Maintenance Code
- Stormwater Management Manual
For information on enforcement of codes and regulations, see Shoreline's Code Enforcement Program; (206) 801-2260
*Problems with links to the Shoreline Municipal Code may be due to a setting on your internet browser. Please enable third-party cookies on Firefox or turn your security level down on Internet Explorer if you aren't able to connect to our Municipal Code through the link shown above.