City and School District agree to a temporary construction easement at Hillwood Park for Einstein Middle School Construction Project
The Shoreline School District has started construction of the new Einstein Middle School! To assist with construction efforts, the City and the School District have agreed to a temporary construction easement that will allow the School District and its contractors to use a portion of Hillwood Park for storing construction materials and for placement of temporary construction offices.
The easement will last for 18 months and will include the tennis courts and approximately the northern half of the playfield. It will also include the area where restrooms are currently located. In consideration for the School District’s use of the Park, the School District has agreed to:
- Provide temporary sanitation facilities while the restrooms are closed;
- Rebuild the restroom facility with an emphasis on improving public safety and orienting access toward the center of the Park;
- Construct a pervious asphalt path from the parking lot to the tennis courts;
- Restore the surface of the tennis courts;
- Restore all grass surface areas; and
- Protect all trees and shrubs in the easement during the easement term.
The School District will also provide access to School District athletic fields for use by the Hillwood Soccer Association, Seattle Youth Soccer Association, and Shoreline Sports Club. These organizations are regular users of the fields at Hillwood Park.
The City and the School District believe this agreement is a benefit to both organizations, and, more importantly, to Shoreline taxpayers.