Welcome to the City of Shoreline Calendar! As per the City’s web policies, the City of Shoreline only posts City-sponsored events, other governmental agency events, and City-sponsored group events, including City-sponsored neighborhood associations. However, if you are an individual or community group that would like to post your community event online, the Shoreline Area News events list is an available community resource.
Creating Rapid Response Teams
- Date: 02/26/2019 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Shorewood High School Library
17300 Fremont Ave. North
Shoreline, Washington 98133
Understand the immigration enforcement process and how to take action to support our neighbors and community members who are most
affected. The training is open to all interested in supporting immigrants. Topics covered include:
- Overview of agencies involved - systems and jurisdictions
- Immigrant rights
- Best practices for schools, businesses, and organizations if ICE is present
- Rapid Response Efforts - Networks, hotline, legal defense fund
- How to activate a community response team, What to do if ICE is in the area
Register at https://rapidresponseteams.eventbrite.com
Dinner available. Childcare for children ages 3 and up who are toilet trained. Contact Suni Tolton at 206-801-2256 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Sponsored by Shoreline School District, Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network, Washington Alliance for Better Schools, and City of Shoreline.